Managing Calibration with QSToolbox
Have a look at a worked example of managing calibration of measuring and test equipment using QSToolbox - a recent addition to our support resources.
As a follow-up to a previous post about signing calibration certificates, we’ve added a new support article which follows through the procedure for managing the calibration of test and measuring equipment using QSToolbox. The procedure is pretty much the same for maintenance too.
- Receive the asset
- Enter the details into QSToolbox
- Create any initial records, attaching scans of associated documents, e.g. calibration certificates.
- Setup schedules for calibration, maintenance, and any other regular tasks to be performed.
- Check the calendar periodically to see what’s due.
- Add records as you do work.
- Review the records to make data based decisions on schedule adjustments and repair or replace.
For more, also have a look at our support resource on what is calibration , which includes a somewhat amusing video on calibration made many years ago by the US Navy.